1. Kansas State University
  2. »K-State Research and Extension
  3. »KSRE Tuesday Letter
  4. »Worker's Compensation Reminder

KSRE Tuesday Letter

Other publications

K-State Research and Extension
123 Umberger Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-3401

July 11, 2017

Worker's Compensation Reminder

Submitted by Stacey Warner

If a K-State employee is injured while on duty they are required to report the accident within three days. Agents would report to their regional director's office or the Extension Operations Office. Area and campus based employees would report to their supervisor or department head's office.

If the injury doesn't require medical treatment complete the Accident Report with as much detail as possible and submit to benefits@ksu.edu within three days.

If the injury requires emergency medical treatment, take the employee to the nearest emergency medical facility. Call the State Self Insurance Fund (SSIF) at 785-296-2364 to report the injury. Complete the Accident Report with as much detail as possible regarding the injury and submit to benefits@ksu.edu. In the email indicate that the employee received emergency treatment and that the SSIF has been notified.

If the injury requires medical treatment (but not immediate emergency treatment) call the SSIF at 785-296-2364 and request medical treatment. Complete the Accident Report Form and submit within three days to benefits@ksu.edu.

For additional information, see https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/work-comp/.

If office professionals or program assistants of local Extension units are injured, contact the local provider of Worker's Compensation insurance for their process of reporting claims.