August 18, 2015
Sites Continue to Move to the K-State CMS
Congratulations to faculty and staff of the following offices and departments for making the move to K-State CMS:
We even have a new site added to the KSRE family of sites for Youth and Teens.
We know several of your sites have been ready and waiting to be published. Julie and the team have worked very hard to make sure every site moves successfully and with as little trouble as possible. Julie continues to work to finish the remaining sites and we do appreciate your patience as she works with you to complete those moves.
We appreciate everyone working hard to get their sites ready to move and the extra time it takes to make the initial change. Please take time to look at the updated sites and how they’ve used the K-State CMS in creating the new sites.
As you’re preparing your site for the move, Julie Fosberg has some helpful hints before having your site published:
- Make sure there are no links back to your local unit site in the KSRE CMS.
- Links to publications in the bookstore should now start with www.bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu instead of www.ksre.ksu.edu/bookstore. Current links will redirect to the front page of the bookstore.
- Documents and Images have been uploaded and published to your site in the K-State CMS.
- If you want to use the events calendar in your site send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- As you adds events to your calendar and would like to have them on the KSRE main calendar, be sure to use the “recommended for” field to K-State Research and Extension Calendar. If these are professional development events you can recommend them to the KSRE Professional Development Calendar.
- If you want to add social media feeds before the site goes live, contact Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you’re ready to move, contact Julie and she’ll get your site added to the list of sites to be published.
If you still have questions, please contact Julie Fosberg, email@example.com; Gary Kepka, firstname.lastname@example.org; David Dunn, email@example.com; or Steve Spencer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your site has moved and we haven’t recognized you, please let us know. We want to celebrate your move and thank you for the time and effort the faculty and staff in your office have dedicated to moving your site to the K-State CMS