September 1, 2015
More Sites Move to the K-State CMS
Congratulations to faculty and staff of the following offices and departments for making the move to K-State CMS:
The Gardens – Kansas State University Gardens
Kansas Healthy Yards - Moved to another web service.
We know several of your sites have been ready and waiting to be published. Julie and the team are working hard to make sure every site moves successfully and with as little trouble as possible. Julie continues to work to finish the remaining sites and we do appreciate your patience as she works with you to complete those moves. We are still waiting on content for some of the sub sites to be moved before the KSRE main site can be moved. Julie and the team are also working to insure that the transition of the 4-H site goes smoothly and has a minimum of broken links.
We appreciate everyone working hard to get their sites ready to move and the extra time it takes to make the initial change. Please take time to look at the updated sites and how they’ve used the K-State CMS in creating the new sites.
As you’re preparing your site for the move, remember these helpful hints before having your site published:
- Make sure there are no links back to your local unit site in the KSRE CMS.
- Links to publications in the bookstore should now start with www.bookstore.ksre.ksu.edu instead of www.ksre.ksu.edu/bookstore. Current links will redirect to the front page of the bookstore.
- Documents and Images have been uploaded and published to your site in the K-State CMS.
- If you want to use the events calendar in your site send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As you add events to your calendar and would like to have them on the KSRE main calendar, be sure to use the “recommended for” field to K-State Research and Extension Calendar. If these are professional development events you can recommend them to the KSRE Professional Development Calendar.
- If you want to add social media feeds before the site goes live, contact Julie at email@example.com.
- When you’re ready to move, contact Julie and she’ll get your site added to the list of sites to be published.
If you still have questions, please contact Julie Fosberg, firstname.lastname@example.org; Gary Kepka, email@example.com; David Dunn, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Steve Spencer, email@example.com.
If your site has moved and we haven’t recognized you, please let us know. We want to celebrate your move and thank you for the time and effort the faculty and staff in your office have dedicated to moving your site to the K-State CMS.