March 21, 2017
2017 4-H FCS State Judging Contest
Preparations are underway for this year's 4-H FCS Judging Contest. The contest will be held on Saturday, September 16, in the Encampment Building at Kansas State Fair. Details about the contest follow below:
- Two age divisions will be offered: Intermediate ages include 9-13 and Senior ages include 14-19 -- as of January 1, 2017.
- Each local unit may enter one team of 2 youth, per age division.
- Pre-entries will be due August 15.
- A team registration fee of $15 will be assessed per registered team.
- The contest theme is Nutrition.
- The contest will included three components: an interactive experience related to nutrition, a hands on immersion experience and an oral presentation.
- The contest will occur 9 a.m. - 2 p.m., with awards presented at 3:30 p.m.
- Visit http://www.kansas4-h.org/events-activities/contests/fcs-judging/ for full contest details
Local units may utilize resources found here: http://www.kansas4-h.org/events-activities/contests/fcs-judging/fcs-judging-preparation.html for local contest options.
Special thanks to Becky Reid, Cowley County FCS; Erin Petersilie, Walnut Creek FCS; Anita DeWeese, Pratt County 4-H Volunteer; and Patsy Maddy, Twin Creeks 4-H; for their assistance in developing contest components. We look forward to having you join us in September!