April 9, 2019
Call for Posters - National Academies of Sciences, Board on Agriculture and Natural Resources
Kansas State University is pleased to host the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, Board on Agricultural and Natural Resources on April 23-24, 2019. The event will include a lecture on "Harnessing Soil and Plant Microbiomics for Agriculture: Hype, Hope and Reality," provided by keynote speaker, Professor James Prosser with the University of Aberdeen, on April 23, at 3 p.m. in the McVay Family Town Hall, Leadership Studies on the K-State campus. The lecture will be followed by a reception and poster presentation session in the K-State Student Union, Bluemont Room, from 4:30-6 p.m.
All students, scientists, and faculty are invited to submit a poster for presentation during the reception. We welcome posters for consideration that share research across disciplines related to an area of innovation in food and agriculture identified in the National Academies "Science Breakthroughs to Advance Food and Agricultural Research by 2030." Topics include scientific breakthroughs in the microbiome of:
• Animal agriculture
• Food science, and technology
• Water Resources
Submit Abstracts by April 15.
Guidelines for poster preparation and display:
• Posters should be set up between noon and 3 p.m. on April 23, 2019
• Posters are to be removed promptly following the reception at 6:30 p.m. on April 23, 2019
• Posters must not be any larger than 44 inches wide and 44 inches tall
• All posters must include the title and information about the author(s), including name(s), affiliation(s), etc.
Submit poster abstracts at https://kstatedce.wufoo.com/forms/poster-submission-form/.
For questions, please contact Susan Metzger at firstname.lastname@example.org.