1. Kansas State University
  2. »K-State Research and Extension
  3. »KSRE Tuesday Letter
  4. »Reminder About Worker's Comp Coverage

KSRE Tuesday Letter

Other publications

K-State Research and Extension
123 Umberger Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-3401

August 13, 2019

Reminder About Worker's Comp Coverage

Submitted by Jennifer R Wilson

Worker's compensation coverage is something we usually don't think about until we need it, but when an accident occurs on the job, information about how to receive treatment for injuries is important. Saving the important information in your phone will assure that you have it if the information is needed.

If a K-State employee is injured while on duty they are required to report the accident within three business days. Agents would report to their regional director's office and to the Extension Operations Office. Area and campus based employees would report to their supervisor or department head's office.

If the injury doesn't require medical treatment, complete the Accident Report with as much detail as possible and submit to benefits@ksu.edu within three business days.

If the injury requires emergency medical treatment, an employee should go to the nearest emergency medical facility. Call the State Self Insurance Fund (SSIF) at 785-296-2364 to report the injury. Complete the Accident Report with as much detail as possible regarding the injury and submit to benefits@ksu.edu. In the email, indicate that the employee received emergency treatment and that the SSIF has been notified.

If the injury requires medical treatment (but not immediate emergency treatment) call the SSIF at 785-296-2364 and request medical treatment. Complete the Accident Report Form and submit within three days to benefits@ksu.edu.

If office professionals or program assistants of local Extension units are injured, contact the local provider of worker's compensation insurance for their process of reporting claims.

For additional information, see https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/work-comp/.