April 25, 2023
SARE Fellows Program Now Accepting Applications
Applications are now being accepted for the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) Fellows Program. SARE Fellows is a unique professional development opportunity for agricultural professionals to:
- Build new relationships with colleagues across the nation.
- Deepen their understanding of the concepts and intentions of sustainable agriculture.
- Visit with innovative producers and partners nationwide who are striving to sustain agriculture for future generations.
- Increase their awareness about educational opportunities and approaches in sustainable agriculture.
Applications must be submitted by May 8, 2023. Apply online now.
The SARE Fellows program provides an immersive educational experience for participants to enhance their understanding of sustainable agriculture through broad-based training and interpersonal interactions at unique agriculture operations nationwide. Participating Fellows build professional relationships, improve their teaching and technology transfer skills, and are better prepared to develop programs that meet the needs of their local agricultural communities.
- Agricultural professionals working in outreach programs focused on farmer and rancher education.
- Must have an interest in learning about sustainable agriculture systems across the US and applying what you learn with your agricultural community.
Support provided by the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program with funding from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture. The availability of this program will be dependent upon the consent of USDA SARE and the availability of funds.