June 27, 2023
Reimagining Resilient Agri-food Supply Chains Course Offered Again
In April, the Center for Rural Enterprise Engagement team hosted a free, asynchronous online learning opportunity about the agri-food supply chain and emergency planning. Back by popular demand, we are offering the course again in July! Please share this information with your local stakeholders. If you would like a media kit with graphics, suggested social media posts, and a press release--please reach out. Registration closes on July 7.
From evaluating how disasters impact the agri-food supply chain to understanding ways to facilitate positive change, the Reimagining Resilient Agri-food Supply Chains course explores issues surrounding the safety, security, and efficiency of our food production and distribution system. With a better understanding of regional food systems' capacities and structural vulnerabilities, we can be better prepared to support our populations and their needs.
Join us for this learning opportunity to discover what causes agri-food supply chain delays and potential solutions for managing disruptions in the future. This course is offered completely online so participants can learn at their own pace. It’s easy to build into your own schedule, with about 2-4 hours of total course content to work through. Our team is excited to share valuable, research-based information in an accessible and engaging online format.
“Participants will learn how to use data from our consumer survey on food purchasing behaviors to make better decisions on their preferred outlets and logistics for selling their products and making supply chain response decisions,” said Lauri Baker, CREE co-creator and associate professor in agricultural education and communication at the University of Florida.
The Reimagining Resilient Agri-food Supply Chains course topics include:
- Understand the Problem: Learn about the complexities of the agri-food supply chain and how delays can occur.
- Learn about Solutions: Discover best practices for addressing supply chain disruptions.
- Facilitate Change: Become equipped to take action in the event of a future disaster to meet community needs.
By completing this course, you will:
- Understand the impact of disasters on agri-food supply chain operations.
- Identify the capacities and structural vulnerabilities of regional food systems.
- Be able to support populations affected by supply chain delays.
- Gain access to resources and strategies for addressing current and future disruptions.
For a short time only, we will offer the Reimagining Resilient Agri-food Supply Chains course for FREE! Spaces are limited, so we encourage you to register now and take advantage of this valuable learning opportunity while it’s free. Registration is open until July 7.