April 21, 2015
Diversity Programs Office Update
The DPO would like to share information about the activities taking place this week in honor of MANRRS Week:
• Yesterday, our GENAG 210: Human and Cultural Diversity in Agriculture class was honored to have Dr. Eric Johnson, Senior Pastor of Mount Calvary Second Missionary Baptist Church, Canton, Ohio, here to present on Humanity, Religion and Diversity. A special thanks to The Tilford Group for their support to aid us in bringing Dr. Johnson to K-State.
• Monday, April 20, the MANRRS Chapter hosted a Pizza Night and Board Games event.
• Tuesday, April 21, the MANRRS Chapter will be participating in a community service event with Jr. MANRRS in Topeka, KS.
• Wednesday, April 22, the MANRRS Chapter will be partnering with Alpha Kappa Alpha- Kappa Pi Chapter to celebrate Earth Day. They will have a table in the union from 11:30-2 p.m. to educate fellow students about the importance of Earth Day and the National Society of MANRRS.
*During this time MANRRS will be hosting a membership drive in the union.
• Thursday, April 23, the MANRRS Chapter will participate in Clean up the Campus where they will walk around K-State’s campus and pick up trash.
• Finally, on Friday, April 24, they will host Game Day with MANRRS at the Rec in the afternoon/evening.
• MANRRS elections to select the new officers will be held Wednesday, May 29, in Waters Hall room 137 at 6 p.m.
• MANRRS awareness and a membership drive will be held Monday, April 20- Wednesday, April 22 in the union from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Stop by the MANRRS table and learn more about what MANRRS has to offer.
• May 1, 2015 at 11:15 a.m., MANRRS will be speaking with the Deans Advisory council at the Holiday Inn. The student delegation that attended the 2015 MANRRS National Conference in Houston, TX will be speaking about their experience and contributions to the conference.
• Starting May 4 and ending May 7, 2015 from 6-10, MANRRS and the DPO will host a Study Hall for finals week in Waters Hall room 106, so bring your books and notes! Snacks will be provided to everyone who attends.
Please continue to look for more diversity events as we continue to advertise. We appreciate your support. For more information about upcoming events or to collaborate with the DPO, please call 785-532-5793 or contact Dr. Zelia Wiley, Assistant Dean of Diversity, firstname.lastname@example.org. --Zelia Wiley