July 26, 2016
Diversity Programs Office Update
The month of July is almost over, and we have a few updates to bring to your attention. We completed one summer program last week, and we are preparing for final presentations for another this week:
1. The MAPS program concluded last week. They wrapped up their summer program with poster presentations discussing biofuels in the Engineering Hall Atrium on Wednesday and followed that with the closing banquet on Thursday night. These students performed at a very high level in the classroom and represented K-State very well on industry tours. We are very proud of the 10 agriculture students who participated in this program and look forward to what they’re going to accomplish in the future.
2. K-State Research & Extension (KSRE) Summer Research Fellow program wraps up this week with student presentations. The event will take place on Thursday, July 28, at 10 a.m. in 137 Waters Hall. During that time, students will be giving a 10-12 minute presentation over their summer research. We hope you can make time to support our young scholars!
2016 Fellows and Mentors:
Marie Armstrong, Prairie View A&M University
- Dr. Bradford Wiles, Family Studies & Human Services
Briana Austin, North Carolina A&T University
- Dr. Lindsay Hulbert, Animal Sciences & Industry
Philecia Biggs, North Carolina A&T University
- Dr. Karen Schmidt, Animal Sciences & Industry
Amber Brown, Fort Valley State University
- Dr. Charles Rice, Agronomy
Raymee Johnson, Fort Valley State University
- Dr. Keith Harris, Agricultural Economics
Thanks to all in the College of Agriculture and KSRE for your support of both programs. Please continue to look for more diversity events as we continue to advertise. We appreciate your support.
For more information about upcoming events or to collaborate with the DPO, please call 785-532-5793 or contact Dr. Terri Blackmon, Interim Diversity Programs Coordinator, email@example.com.