November 1, 2016
Registration Open for 4-H Program Rally
We invite you to attend 4-H Program Rally. The Rally is scheduled for November 29 to December 1 at Rock Springs 4-H Center.
The objectives for the training include:
• Share strategies for putting life and work life in perspective
• Share new information on the adolescent brain and how to program with the "I" generation
• Share STEM activities for youth
• Share strategies to welcome the LGBTQ community into Extension programming through effective allyship
• Share next steps for the 4-H Grows Here recruitment campaign
There will be time for discussion and input on Financing the Future of 4-H. As KSRE professionals, Extension administration has challenged us to explore ways in which we can reach our program goals and meet future needs by obtaining additional external resources. In response to this challenge, the Department of Youth Development is exploring options to allow us to be able to fulfill our mission to offer a high quality 4-H program that meets the growing needs of Kansas families.
A working lunch and discussion about 4-H Programming in a District will follow Program Rally. Information is included in the registration information. This discussion is for anyone in a district or anyone who is looking at districting in the near future.
Please register by November 15: 4-H Program Rally Registration
The 4-H Program Rally Planning Committee includes:
Amy Collins, Stafford County
Robyn Deines, Walnut Creek District
Ginger Kopfer, Geary County
Jake Renner, Kingman County
Julie Traxson, Wildcat District
Sarah Keatley, State 4-H Office
Deryl Waldren, Extension Specialist, Northwest Area
Diane Mack, Interim Department Head/State Program Leader