May 2, 2017
Register Today for Towards a Culture of Health!
Register now for Towards a Culture of Health.
Join us at one of four regional professional development opportunities that will help prepare our Extension system to move “Towards a Culture of Health” and to embrace the Health Grand Challenge.
Each regional training provides skills and resources necessary for broad, collaborative health work within communities and across Extension disciplines. Health is not only an FCS issue, but one that must be addressed system-wide. For that reason, this opportunity is intended for ALL Extension professionals, regardless of area of focus.
The training is interactive and includes:
- identifying personal and KSRE strengths that help ready our system for collaborative community health work;
- principles of evidence-based community health;
- examples of collaborative health work occurring across our Extension system;
- problem solving and local unit action planning.
Drs. Elaine Johannes, Erin Yelland, Sandy Procter will be leading the event which includes speakers and guests from across the state, from local Extension offices, and from on-campus units.
Thanks to funding from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Kansas Health Foundation, there will be no cost to attend. Registration includes refreshments, lunch, and materials. Note: If travel cost prohibits you from attending, we may be able to provide reimbursement. Contact Elaine Johannes for more information.
To register for one of the following trainings, please click here:
• May 10, 2017 – Colby (Thomas County Fairgrounds 4-H Building); 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
• May 11, 2017 – Garden City (Area Office); 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
• May 19, 2017 – Manhattan (Pottorf Hall); 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
• May 25, 2017 – Parsons (Area Office); 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Elaine Johannes, Erin Yelland, your regional director, or program leader.