August 25, 2020
FCS State Fair Judging Contest Open to All 4-Hers, 9 and Up
Kansas State Fair Family and Consumer Sciences Judging Contest
Date of Contest: Saturday, September 19, 2020 Contest Open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Youth ages 9-13, as of January 1 of the current year, are eligible to participate in the Intermediate division.
Youth ages 14-19 as of January 1 of the current year, are eligible to participate in the Senior Division.
The contest is open to all Kansas 4-H members in the 9-18 age bracket ONLY for 2020 - NO qualifying contest is required. There is not a limit on the number of participants a county may send.
Pre-entries are due by September 15, using this link:
● The contest will be offered in a virtual format. Specific contest details will be emailed to the participant at the email address provided during pre-entry.
● Virtual Contest will be held on Saturday, September 19. The contest will be available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
● Contestants will participate as an individual instead of as a team for this year only.
● FOR 2020 ONLY: Class judging will be the only component
○ Intermediates will have 5 classes
○ Seniors will have 6 classes
● All cell phones and other communication devices must be turned off while participating in the contest. The expectation is that you are doing this contest independently - no use of extra help (search engines, study guides, parents/adults).
● If accommodations need to be made for participants (reading of questions, internet access), please answer yes to the question in the registration link.
● Contest answers will be emailed after 24 hours of contest completion so participants can get feedback.
● Awards to the top individuals (intermediate & senior) will be an educational FCS related trip for reimbursement (up to $100) to be used for registration fee and travel expenses. Ideas include “Wild about FCS” event at Kansas State University; facility tours; leadership experience; artisan events/conferences.