April 4, 2023
Statewide Quarterly Local Food Systems Virtual Town Hall- April 26, 11 - noon
Our KSRE local food systems transdisciplinary team would like to invite you and anyone interested to our next statewide quarterly local food systems virtual town hall scheduled for Wednesday, April 26, from 11 a.m. - noon. The goal of the meeting is for people working in the area of local food systems across Kansas to be able to share what their organization is working on related to local food systems and learn what other organizations are doing so that we all can work together to strengthen local food systems in Kansas.
The agenda for the April 26 virtual town hall includes:
1) Five minute presentations by:
- a. Kansas Department of Health- Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program update
- b. National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition- update on the farm bill and its potential impact on local food systems
- c. Wichita State University Environmental Finance Center- local food systems-related projects
- d. Mid-Continent Public Library- recap of Food Business Conference held in March 2023
2) Open discussion about upcoming/ ongoing local food systems-related grants in Kansas:
- a. KSRE USDA Regional Food Systems Program grant.
- b. Any others that would like to share.
3) Brief announcements of upcoming local food systems events/initiatives in Kansas that will be occurring in the next few months- everyone is welcome to share announcements that you might have in this area.
If you plan to post information about this session online, we ask that you please share this registration link, http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07ejmeph8maacfdcbf&llr=tvkeonpab, so that the zoom link is not shared online. Please contact Clara Wicoff, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions related to registration for the town hall.
We look forward to “seeing” many of you online on April 26, from 11 - noon.