January 30, 2018
4-H Grows True Leaders Campaign Update
As an investor state in the 4-H Grows True Leaders campaign, National 4-H Council has provided us with graphics and suggested copy for social media posts in the upcoming months. Be on the look out for posts related to:
- the new partnership with Joann Fabrics
- National Mentoring Month (January)
- National Black History Month (February)
- Healthy Living brand calendar spotlight (January-February)
Please share, comment, react and tag stakeholders to your own social media pages. We will all gain traction if we have a shared voice on social media.
More on the Joann Fabrics partnership:
- Current & lifetime 4 H members, parents of members, volunteers and 4 H staff can save 15% off total in-store and online purchases at JOANN Fabrics every day with 4 H Rewards. JOANN will give a minimum of 2.5% of every eligible transaction to 4 H. Visit http://www.joann.com/4-h/ to get started.
- Visit a local JOANN store between February 1 – February 28, 2018 and purchase a $1 or $4 Valentine’s edition of the popular Paper Clover. With the $4 Paper Clover, customers will also receive a coupon for $4 off their next purchase. Each Paper Clover will include instructions for a special 4-H/JOANN Valentine’s Day craft idea that customers can create to share with someone special. All funds collected go directly back to the 4-H program. 30% of those funds stay with National 4-H Council, 70% go to the state 4-H program. Different from other paper clover campaigns the paper clovers will not be displayed. Please communicate this with your staff and volunteers.
In other news:
Does your local unit have an Olympian? The 2018 Winter Olympics are kicking off in just a few weeks on February 9, and over 100 elite US athletes will be competing in South Korea. Given their passion, leadership and success, we would not be surprised if many of these talented young people are 4-H alumni! National 4-H Council is actively working to identify these alumni and tell their 4-H stories as Olympics media coverage gets underway. We’d like to enlist your help in finding out which 2018 Winter Olympic athletes might be 4-H alumni! Please contact Amy Sollock, email@example.com, if you have any thoughts or questions. With your help we hope to uncover some incredible new alumni to engage with and share our 4-H message across national as well as global audiences!