September 24, 2019
Health Insurance Open Enrollment Begins October 1
Health insurance open enrollment season for all KSRE employees on the State Employee Health Plan is October 1-31. Here are a few important things to remember:
- All employees enrolled in medical coverage for 2019 must re-enroll for 2020 medical coverage during the October open enrollment period.
- Employees who fail to enroll during the month of October will automatically be placed for the State Employee Health Plan (SEHP) into Plan N with an HRA.
- Employees who waived coverage in 2019 will automatically have coverage waived for 2020.
- In addition to medical, dental and vision coverage, employees may also enroll in health savings accounts, health reimbursement accounts and flexible spending plans for medical and child care expenses during open enrollment.
- 2020 health insurance premiums are available on the SEHP website.
- All enrollment is done through the SEHP Membership Administration Portal (MAP). The MAP can be accessed through the employee's HRIS>Self-Service>Benefits>Health Insurance Enrollment.
- A state benefits update will be held during KSRE Annual Conference at 10 a.m. on October 22, in the Big 12 Room of the K-State Union. Members can also access this information via video on the SEHP website.