August 1, 2023
Rock Springs Ranch 4-H Camp Highlights
It was a great summer at Rock Springs Ranch! Our camp team finished facilitating 4-H camp July 14 and we are already gearing up for next summer. Thanks to everyone who encouraged 4-H youth to attend camp this year.
Here are some of the highlights:
- 70 counties sent campers to Rock Springs Ranch this summer.
- Top 5 counties included Douglas, Riley, Johnson, Pottawatomie, and Sedgwick.
- More than 500 campers experienced 4-H camp for the first time.
- 62% of campers were already enrolled in 4-H.
- 77% increase in the week-long summer camp option.
- Rock Springs Ranch met all 216 required standards as part of the American Camp Association Accreditation visit in June.
This is only the beginning of the accomplishments our team saw this summer! Our team welcomes your feedback about 4-H camp and we look forward to working together to make the best even better next year.
Due to her outstanding leadership and summer camp expertise, Letha Causby is now serving as the associate executive director for Rock Springs Ranch. As part of her new role, Letha is not only overseeing summer camp, but also programming for all groups that visit Rock Springs Ranch.
Jared Causby has been promoted to senior camp director. In this role, Jared will take the lead with creating and executing strategy for camp programming, as well as, project management for camp operations.
Steve Maynard has resigned from his role as executive director. I appreciate the leadership that he has provided and our team wishes him all the best in his next adventure.