September 22, 2015
Diversity Programs Office Update
DPO would like to share some information about our events for the beginning of the school year:
- MANRRS participated in both the Activities Carnival and the Watermelon Feed to spread awareness of the organization. Minorities in Agriculture Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS) had their first meeting of the year on Wednesday, September 2. Thank you to all for the hard work from the MANRRS Executive Board for making the recruitment such a success!
- The Diversity Programs Office supported the March for Suicide Prevention hosted by the Kappa Pi Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. The March began at 7:06 p.m. in front of Waters Hall on Thursday, September 10, in recognition of World Suicide Prevention Day.
- The second MANRRS meeting of the year was held on Wednesday, September 16, at 6 p.m. in 137 Waters Hall. Our guest speaker for the evening was Quantrell Willis, Assistant Director for Career & Employment Services, and he spoke about Career Development.
- The Diversity Programs Office is currently interviewing two candidates to fill the open position of Diversity Coordinator. The first candidate was interviewed on Friday, September 18. This Wednesday, September 23, the second candidate will be interviewed. Please come by the office for more information on dates and times for the candidate.
- MANNRS will present the Corporate Showcase on Wednesday, September 23, at 6 p.m. in Waters 342. John Deere, Cargill, ADM, and other corporations will be presenting information on their companies and the types of candidate they are looking to add to their ranks. Please plan to join us!
- The Diversity Programs Office would like to thank Dr. Myra Gordon, Associate Provost for Diversity, for her dedication to the advancement of diversity here on the K-State campus. We wish her well as she steps into her retirement, as was announced in K-State Today, at the end of the fall semester!
Please continue to look for more diversity events as we continue to advertise. We appreciate your support. For more information about upcoming events or to collaborate with the DPO, please call 785-532-5793 or contact Dr. Zelia Wiley, Assistant Dean of Diversity, email@example.com.