January 28, 2020
Kansas 4-H Discovery Days Call for Proposals
We are excited to announce the call for proposals for the 2020 Kansas 4-H Discovery Days is now open. The general format for 2020 will follow the three day, two night experience established in 2019. The event is scheduled for May 27 - 29.
The 2020 4-H Discovery Days event has three opportunities to engage with youth. On Wednesday afternoon there will be two one hour introductory sessions. These are designed to be introductions to areas where youth can explore a wide range of academic topics. On Thursday, the sessions are designed to provide a more in-depth experience. Sessions can be half day (8:30 -11:30 or 1:15 - 4:30) or full day (8:30-4:30). We ask that all proposals be submitted by February 19.
Submission Link - https://kstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_51HLr3lKDrvyBBr.
To help guide the efforts of the proposals here are some of the written objectives for the Kansas 4-H Discovery Days event. The proposals for the 2020 event should be aligned to academic areas as well as the objectives listed below.
• Help youth learn new ideas, techniques, and skills they can use personally and in their 4-H clubs or groups and communities
• Give youth in-depth training through hands-on educational sessions from content and youth development experts
• Prepare youth to make informed decisions about their careers and college path
• Enhance personal growth by giving opportunities to develop responsibility, confidence, independence, accountability, problem-solving, decision-making, and time management skills
• Help youth meet new people and make new friends from different places and with different backgrounds from across the state
• Provide an opportunity for youth to experience the K-State campus and its wealth of resources
• Develop college and career readiness skills which prepare participants academically and socially for a successful transition to college and life as an adult
If you have any questions, please contact Dona Ratliff, email@example.com, 785-532-5800, or Shane Potter.