July 13, 2021
Adjustments to the 2022 Health Benefits
At the June 18 Health Care Commission meeting, the commission made some adjustments to the health plan for 2022, including:
- Avesis will be our new vendor for vision benefits.
- Plan A Deductible amounts are reducing to $900/single and $1,800/family.
- Plan A Out-of-Pocket (OOP) Maximum is reducing to $5,250/single and 10,500/family.
- Plan A reducing the primary care copay from $40 to $30.
- Plan C OOP Maximum is reducing to $4,500/single and $9,000/family.
- Plan Q will no longer be offered as a medical plan option.
- All Plans - Preferred Brand Name Drugs coinsurance is reducing from 40% to 35%.
- All Plans - Non-Preferred Brand Name Drugs coinsurance is reducing from 65% to 60%.
- In 2022, State of Kansas Employee medical rates for employee and employee/children premium deductions will remain the same, while employee/spouse and employee/family premium deductions will be reduced by 2%.
- Effective July 1, 2022 Employer medical rates will increase 5%.
- For Health Savings Accounts and Health Reimbursement Accounts (HSAs and HRAs), our new vendor will be MetLife.
- Employee Dental rates will increase 3.3% January 1, 2022.
- Employer Dental rates will increase 3.3% July 1, 2022.
Further information will be provided during Open Enrollment.
Taken from the SEHP - Member Newsletter - July 2021