October 12, 2021
November 1 is the Deadline to Apply for the Griffith Memorial Scholarship
KSRE employees enrolled in graduate study at K-State are encouraged to apply for the K-State Research and Extension - Paul W. Griffith Memorial Scholarship. The purpose of the $1,000 scholarship is to provide assistance to outstanding Research and Extension employees pursuing graduate study (either on campus or via distance education) at Kansas State University. KSRE employees with a primary Extension appointment pursuing an advanced degree at Kansas State University are eligible to apply.
Criteria to be considered in ranking competing applications:
- Program of study leading to advanced degree has been developed.
- Sabbatical leave has been approved.
- If not on sabbatical leave, enrolled in a multi-course program where at least two or more courses are being taken at the same time.
- Other tuition assistance programs are not covering the cost.
- Has not previously been awarded the Griffith Scholarship.
To apply, send a letter of interest and supporting materials to address the above criteria to:
Gregg Hadley, Director for Extension
123 Umberger Hall
1612 Claflin Road
Manhattan, KS 66506-3401
For more information, check out the Financial Assistance Summary.