October 12, 2021
Transferring your HSA
Beginning October 1, 2021, you will have the option to transfer your NueSynergy HSA to MetLife. To request your NueSynergy HSA be transferred to MetLife, you must sign in to your online account at https://stateofkansas.wealthcareportal.com and select the "transfer my HSA" icon found at the top of your homepage and accept the transfer disclosures.
- Transferring your NueSynergy HSA to MetLife is optional as you are allowed to have more than one HSA.
- Please note:
- For NueSynergy HSAs with an average daily balance of over $2,000, the admin fees will continue to be waived.
- For NueSynergy HSAs with an average daily balance of less than $2,000, a $1.75 monthly admin fee will be charged to the account.
- The monthly admin fees above will replace the existing admin fee structure. All other published NueSynergy fees will remain as they are currently.
- You will have from October 1, to October 31, 2021, to complete the transfer of your NueSynergy HSA by selecting the "transfer my HSA" icon. If you opt to transfer your HSA after October 31, 2021, you will be subject to a $15 account closure fee.
- If you are choosing to transfer your NueSynergy HSA and also participating in investments, you will need to close your investments and transfer them to your HSA cash account no later than December 15, 2021. If your investments are not closed, your HSA will not be transferred to MetLife.
- Please note:
- Investment funds can take up to 3-5 business days to transfer to your HSA.
- For investments accounts, dividends, and interest post on varying days, based on the 'fund' that the account holder is invested in. Typically, they should all post within the first week of the month (possibly even by the 3rd or 4th market day).
- NueSynergy HSAs that are designated for transfer will be closed beginning February 2, 2022, with funds being transferred for posting with MetLife on February 11, 2022.
- If you are transferring your HSA to MetLife, you will not have access to your NueSynergy HSA from February 2, 2022, to February 11, 2022.
- NueSynergy HSAs indicated for transfer are being transferred in February to allow time to open the MetLife HSA and to allow any uncleared pending NueSynergy HSA transactions to settle prior to the account being closed.
- During the transition period after December 31, 2021, if you have an HSA debit card that expires prior to your new MetLife HSA account being available, you have two options to access your funds without the debit card.
- As you can today, you can:
- Transfer funds from your NueSynergy account to your personal bank account and make payment to the provider.
- Or you can submit the claim using the HSA Bill Pay feature under the main menu and NueSynergy will provide the payment to your provider from the funds in your HSA account.
- Please Note: If you initiate an online claim in the last 2 weeks of January it may delay the transfer of funds to MetLife.