February 8, 2022
CIT Program at Rock Springs Ranch
In case you did not hear the good news, the Kansas 4-H Foundation received a grant from the Patterson Family Foundation for the Counselor in Training (CIT) program at Rock Springs Ranch. This grant is going to cover the cost of camp for one CIT from all 105 counties to join our program!
We are asking agents to think about who in your county could benefit from the CIT program and submit your selection to be a part of the program. Your selection should be a rising senior in high school and someone who you think will work well with youth. With your help we can ensure our Kansas 4-H programs at camp continue to grow and help our future 4-H leaders from across the state succeed.
These teens will receive camper care training and counselor experience. There will also be time in the week for the CITs to enjoy some of the camp activities as a group. CITs will travel with younger cabin groups and be given some responsibility over the campers from breakfast to bedtime. Our trained counselor staff will always be there for oversight and guidance throughout their time working with campers.
1) County selections should be submitted via this CIT Selection Google Form by February 28, 2022.
2) The selected CIT will then submit a one-page letter of interest to RSR answering why they are interested in becoming a CIT. This should be submitted to RSR by March 31, 2022. RSR will reach out to selections with more information about letter submission.
3) RSR team will reach out to the CIT directly starting April 4, 2022 to confirm session dates and logistics.
· Rising high school senior (16-17 years of age)
· Has shown an interest in working with youth
· Could benefit from program
· Able to attend a week-long session at RSR