November 15, 2022
Achieving the Extension Mission Through Volunteers Online Course
Volunteers are fundamental to many successful extension programs. Research indicates that nearly one-third of volunteers will choose not to continue volunteering based on poor management practices. Achieving the Extension Mission Through Volunteers is an online cohort course for novice extension professionals working with volunteers to enhance and deliver extension programs. This course is also good for those who have been in the system and would like to brush up on their volunteer development skills.
Achieving the Extension Mission through Volunteers is designed for Extension colleagues in all program areas to:
• Build staff and organizational capacity around volunteer management and development.
• Increase volunteer management competencies.
• Build knowledge and skills to identify, recruit, select and support volunteers.
• Learn current volunteer trends and how they may impact programming.
• Understand the organization’s philosophy related to volunteerism and develop your own philosophy.
2023 Dates: January 23 – March 14, 2023
Cost for the North Central Region: $100 (originally $250) Contact Sarah Maass for the discount code.
Registration is now open and you can register here. Registration closes Thursday, December 29.
Learn more and hear what past participants and facilitators have to say about the course (5 minute YouTube video).
Important Course Dates/Schedule Information:
• Week 1: January 23 – 29: Introduction, Video Conference Call #1 w/ Cohort
• Week 2: January 30 – February 5: Module 1 & 2, Webinar #1
• Week 3: February 6 – 12: Module 3
• Week 4: February 13 – 19: Work Week, Video Conference Call #2 w/ Cohort
• Week 5: February 20 – 26: Module 4
• Week 6: February 27 – March 5: Module 5, Webinar #2
• Week 7: March 6 – 14: Module 6, Webinar #3, Video Conference Call #3 w/ Cohort
Additional information can be found at: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/ncrvd/achieving-the-extension-mission-through-volunteers-course/.
A promotional flyer for the course can be found here: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/ncrvd/files/2022/06/AEMTV-Flyer-2023-1.pdf.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Maass, email@example.com.