April 18, 2023
Foster Care Resource Family Project and Camp Grant Programs
The purpose of the Kansas 4-H Resource Family Project and Camp Grant Programs is to provide financial assistance for foster youth and their resource families who want to participate in learning opportunities available through 4-H. Thanks to generous donors, the Kansas 4-H Foundation has funds available to support Kansas resource families and the children in their care who are current members or interested in becoming members of 4-H.
Kansas 4-H is open to all youth ages 7 through 18 wanting to expand their learning opportunities. 4-H focuses on developing confident, capable, caring and responsible citizens. 4-H offers a wide range of project areas that youth may learn from, ranging from agriculture to food and nutrition to aerospace and photography. Although being involved in the local club can provide an opportunity for youth to learn from each other and contribute to others through community service projects, volunteers and family support are also important elements of 4-H as volunteers and parents serve as club and project leaders that guide and mentor youth.
Children must enroll as 4-H members through their local extension office.
- Each eligible child must submit a grant application. The application can be found at https://www.kansas4-h.org/resources/ under Staff Resources > Kansas 4-H Foundation > Foster Child Grant.
- Resource families are asked to complete the Kansas 4-H Resource Family Project and Camp Grant Programs Application in detail with the 4-H member's assistance.
- Grant must include an itemized budget.
- Grant applications will be reviewed by a committee. Kansas 4-H reserves the right to adjust the funding amounts requested based on the availability of funds and merit of application; not all applications may be funded.
- All grant applications should be sent to Kansas 4-H Youth Development Office, 201 Umberger Hall, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS 66506. The application deadline is June 1.
- Grant funds not used by the eligible 4-H member must be returned to the Kansas 4-H Foundation by October 1, current year.
For more information, please contact Sarah Maass, email@example.com.